Vertical datums provide reference for determining elevations. In the next few years, NGS, CO-OPS, and partner agencies in Canada, are updating three vertical datums:
• the North American Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD 88) is being replaced by the geodetic vertical datum that will be replaced by the North American-Pacific Geopotential Datum of 2022 (NAPGD2022);
• the International Great Lakes Datum (IGLD) used to reference water levels in the Great Lakes and connecting channels; and
• the National Tidal Datum Epoch (NTDE) used to reference water levels along the U.S. Ocean Coastline.
This webinar gives an overview of these datums and the changes that are coming.
Learn more about this topic:
• New Datums: Replacing NAVD 88 and NAD 83 information from NGS
• IGLD and NTDE Updates from CO-OPS
• International Great Lakes Datum Updates from the Coordinating Committee on Great Lakes Basic Hydraulic and Hydrologic Data
Register using the “View Event Website” link below